|A Childhood Favorite|
Not a day goes by when the media doesn't inform us of some mass shooting or some other form of violence inflicted on people or animals. So how do we as a society change? Stricter laws, harsher penalties, more prisons, . . . There's no one answer; however, one thing that works: have young people read books. Books are incredibly powerful and are an amazing teaching tool. Here are some of my favorites. They entertain while teaching valuable life lessons.
- A book that I wish the Obama's had read before they got their Portuguese Water Dog. What a wonderful example it would have been for the President to adopt a rescue dog.
- The vegan lifestyle isn't for everybody, but this book lets children learn about an alternative to our meat obsessed world.
- A funny and timeless story about our environment and how to protect it.
- It's not wise to be connected 24/7.
- A witty and lighthearted look at race relations when a cat couple is startled to discover that their newborn is a dog!
- A tale of vanity versus humility.
- Funny and hilarious! I can read this book again and again. (I've been told that I resemble the dragon.)